Things To Do
- Jump start your conference experience and make new friends by coming to Friday’s Meet and Greet session from 5 to 7 pm. Informal chat and games help you get immediately connected to other conference attendees.
- Celebrate at the General Session and Graduation
A highlight of the conference. “Homeschooling With Confidence” by Jenina Mella. Remarks by other homeschoolers. Presentations by graduates and their families. (Families with graduates who want to participate in the ceremony should fill in the blank on their registration form and also either email WPA at email@example.com or call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131.)
- Participate in the Family Folk Dance, Friday evening, 8:45 to 10:30 pm. Beginning and experienced dancers of all ages welcome. Or talk with others while munching on snacks.
- Visit Connections.
Shop at the Curriculum Fair. Free admission only to the Curriculum Fair Friday evening only. This offer does not include workshops or other conference activities. For free admission, go to the main desk in the lobby of Gruenhagen Conference Center (see map) and ask where the Curriculum Fair is located. Then register at the door of the Curriculum Fair and get a name tag for free admission to the Fair. Registered conference attendees with a name tag can attend the Curriculum Fair at no extra charge both Friday evening and all day Saturday. WPA does not endorse specific curriculums or learning materials.
NEW! Check out the “Please Touch” Curriculum Resources.
- Find out what some of those materials you’ve heard or read about are really like. Examine textbooks and other materials belonging to homeschooling families who have brought them for display.
- Then order your own materials after the conference through the internet, stores in your area, etc.
- Loan your favorite materials for the display. Call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131 and ask for details.
- List of materials included.
- Buy and sell used books and learning materials.
- Exercise. Anyone 18 or older can purchase a $5 day pass to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Use the cardio exercise equipment; jogging/walking track; basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer courts; golf simulators; etc. Details at recreation.uwosh.edu.
- Swim in campus pool. No charge. Friday 5 to 7 pm and Saturday 4 to 5:30 pm. Free. Lifeguard on duty. Adult supervision required.
- Explore Oshkosh on Friday and Sunday. EAA AirVenture Museum, Oshkosh Public Museum, Payne Art Center and Gardens, Grand Opera House, and more. Fantastic Community Playground and free children's zoo. Outlet mall: Over 60 stores. Golf course next door. See "Explore Oshkosh" on the Lodging & Maps page.