May 2 & 3, 2014
Print on regular letter sized paper (8.5 x 11") all the information that's in the blue printed conference announcement plus details about the Used Book Sale. But don't stop there! Check out this website. It has even more helpful information than the printed announcement or what you will print here.
This conference is for YOU:
- whether you are completely new to homeschooling or a veteran
- whether your children are toddlers, teens, or graduates
- whether you purchase your curriculum, create your own, or unschool
- whatever your reasons for homeschooling
- 78 Workshops, 47 new
- Opportunities to Meet Homeschoolers
- Resource Fair
- Used Book Sale
- Family Folk Dance
- Slideshow of Homeschoolers in Action
- Family Activity Workshops
- Family Activities in Connections Area
- Affordable On-Site Lodging
- All-You-Can-Eat Buffets
New and Improved
- Increased Early Bird discount. Save $25 by being a WPA member and registering by April 12.
- Expanded Meet n’ Greet Friday 5-7 pm
- Slideshow of homeschoolers in action during the General Session and Graduation
- WPA’s first LEGO® City
- Resource Fair
- Letter to Dads (and Moms)
- Regions identified by color on nametags
47 New Workshops, 78 Total. Here’s a sampling:
- Choose Curriculum and Resources (F-2, A-1, A-5, A-6, B-3, B-4, C-1, C-3, C-6, C-8, C-14, D-7)
- Decide How You Want to Homeschool (F-1, F-5, A-3, B-1, B-2, C-5, C-7, D-1)
- Learn about Media and Scientific Literacy (F-3, C-2)
- Plan for College (F-8, A-4, A-13, A-15, B-12, C-12, C-13, D-9)
- Unschool (F-8, A-2, B-5, C-4, D-4)
- Maintain Family Freedoms (B-9)
- Homeschool Despite Challenges (F-6, B-8)
- Be a Homeschooling Parent (F-7, A-8, A-9, A-11, B-10, B-11, C-10, C-11, D-6, D-7)
- Learn About MOOCs and More (A-4)
- Explore Nature (C-1)
- Manage Your Homeschooling Stuff (D-7)
- Build LEGO® City (A-17, B-16, C-16, D-12), Play Games (F-11, B-15, C-15, D-11), Build an Experimental Aircraft (A-16), Meet Birds (D-10), Letterbox (A-18), Learn About Armor (F-10), Play Soccer (C-17, D-14), Learn About da Vinci (C-14), Do Taekwondo (B-17, D-13)
- EAA AirVenture Museum, Oshkosh Public Museum, Payne Art Center and Gardens, Grand Opera House, and more.
- Fantastic Community Playground and free children's zoo.
- Outlet mall-Over 60 stores. Golf course next door.
- For details, click here.
Conference Goers Say
- This is my ninth conference. I always learn more than I expected, leave with more resources than I expected, and feel more inspired than I expected!
- What a lifesaver this conference was for me. I’m going home with resources, direction, hope, and new contacts. Thank you! WPA was a huge help in our abrupt decision to leave school and begin homeschooling. Thank you to everyone for your hard work, time, and all your efforts. Your generosity in sharing time, energy, knowledge, and experiences has been incredibly valuable and is much appreciated.
- Excellent! This is a great resource for homeschooling families. We try to come every year to refresh and reenergize our schooling program.
- The WPA people are so supportive and helpful. They are the best people in the world!
- I have come every year for six years. It is always an enjoyable event and fills me up from the depleting school year and fuels me for the next one!
- Easy to find workshops. People, including the staff, were very helpful. Great handouts. I will be back.
- Very uplifting. The shot in the arm I needed to keep going and following my heart.
- We’ve attended the WPA conference for eight years and always have a challenge choosing workshops because there are so many helpful topics. We always leave with new resources and feeling inspired.
- I feel so much less stressed and less overwhelmed with homeschooling! Connecting with other homeschoolers was wonderfully refreshing. I feel so much more confident and excited and that is priceless.
- We have been set on an exciting course because of this conference. Although we had considered going in the past, we were not sure if the conference would offer things that were of interest to us. After attending, all we can say is "Wow!" The conference left us inspired, refreshed, and refocused, with many tips, ideas, and resources for our family.
- Friends told me that the WPA conference was "not to be missed," so my expectations were high. Now I agree and will tell others: "Don't miss it!"
- I have previously attended other homeschooling conferences, and none of them had the caliber of speakers this conference has.