Meals, Lodging, Map, Oshkosh
Convenient Meals on Campus
- Buffets for breakfast and lunch at Blackhawk Commons, one block from the Conference Center. Order with registration postmarked by April 19, 2014. Times, menus, and prices here.
- Or bring you own food. (Lodging rooms in the Conference Center have a refrigerator and microwave.)
- Or visit a campus restaurant or other nearby eateries.
Lodging on Campus
Stay on campus in convenient, inexpensive rooms in Gruenhagen Conference Center, the hub of the Conference.
- Dorm rooms with 2 single beds, 2 desks, 2 dressers, microwave and refrigerator. Sleeping space on the floor. Shared bath with private showers. Wireless Internet at no charge.
- Full Service-$40.00 per room per night-Beds made; towel sets, soap, and plastic cups provided. Air-conditioned.
- Standard Service-$30.00 per room per night-Mattress pad, pillow, pillow case and two sheets per guest provided. Air-conditioned. Bring towels and toiletries.
- Check in 10 am, check out 10 pm Saturday, noon Sunday.
- For reservations, call (920) 424-1106.
- Or stay at a local motel.
For directions from your home to the Gruenhagen Conference Center, at 208 Osceola Street, Oshkosh, WI 54901, use Google Maps or MapQuest. When you arrive at the University, park in one of the lots near the Conference Center or levels one or two of the parking ramp across from the Conference Center; see map. Parking is free after 4:30 pm on Friday through Sunday. Conference activities will be held in the buildings indicated on this map. Begin by picking up your registration materials in the Gruenhagen Conference Center.
- Enjoy Open Swim – Campus pool, Friday 5 to 7 pm and Saturday 4 to 5:30 pm.
- EAA AirVenture Museum: Nearly 100 rare and significant airplanes, attached airport with historic aircraft. Open Monday-Saturday 8:30-5, Sunday 10-5.
- Oshkosh Public Museum: History exhibits, hands-on activities. Tuesday-Saturday 10-4:30, Sunday 1-4:30.
- Paine Art Center and Gardens: World class art collection and hands-on activities for children, housed in a 1920s mansion with 3 acres of gardens. Tuesday-Sunday, 11-4.
- Oshkosh Community Playground: A 30,000 square foot community-built playground on the lake shore with a lighthouse, castle, airplane, gardens, and more. Also a free children's zoo. Open 7 am to dusk.
- Grand Opera House: A restored 1883 Victorian theater.
- Military Veterans Museum: Dedicated to peace with many historical exhibits. Monday-Friday, 12-5.
- Oshkosh Public Library: Original 1900 building plus 1994 expansion. KidSpace for young children. Monday-Friday 9-9, Saturday 9-5, Sunday 1-5.
- The Menominee Park Zoo
- Oshkosh Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Assorted parks, restaurants, movie theaters, recreational facilities, etc.
- Outlet mall-Over 60 stores. Golf course next door.