- 2014 registration form (PDF)
- Complete menus for meals ordered with registration (PDF) — Orders must be postmarked by April 19, 2014
The registration fee covers workshops and special events for parents and young people from one family. Grandparents of families attending the conference may register for $20 per homeschooling family. If desired, order and pay for meals with registration postmarked by April 19. Registrations postmarked by April 12 get the $10 early bird discount. If you want your check held until the conference, postdate it May 3.
- Begin either Friday evening or Saturday morning at Gruenhagen Conference Center, 208 Osceola St., Oshkosh, WI 54901. Park free in large adjacent lots after 4:30 pm on Friday. Adults must have name tags to get into the Resource Fair and the Used Book Sale.
- Directions to the conference, maps, and parking information
- The conference will again be held in several different buildings, so some people will have a 2-3 block walk.
- Conference participants may be photographed or videotaped by one or two photographers authorized by WPA. Photos and videos will be used to add interest to WPA's newsletters, website, conference announcement, etc.
- Unauthorized individuals may not videotape the conference.
- Emergency number to leave with those at home: (920) 424-1106.
- Speakers present their own views, not necessarily WPA's.
Receive Discounts on WPA Handbooks
$25 for members, $32 for non-members. When you register, order for yourself, friends, your library, and others. Pick up at the conference.
Visit the Resource Fair
Free admission only to the Resource Fair Friday evening only. This offer does not include workshops or other conference activities. For free admission, go to the the second floor or Reeve Union (see map) and register at the door.
Registered conference attendees with a name tag can attend the Resource Fair at no extra charge both Friday evening and all day Saturday.
WPA does not endorse specific curriculums or learning materials.
“Please Touch” Curriculum Resources.
- Find out what some of those materials you’ve heard or read about are really like. Examine textbooks and other materials belonging to homeschooling families who have brought them for display.
- Materials from TOPS Science, CPO Science, Apologia Science, NOEO Science, Lightning Literature, Windows to the World, Handwriting Without Tears, Saxon Math, Singapore Math, Beast Academy Math, Art of Problem Solving Math, Math U See, several high-school science and math texts, Story of the World, Latin, Greek, and Spanish materials, and many, many more.
- Then order your own materials after the conference through the internet, stores in your area, etc.
- Loan your favorite materials for the display. Call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131 and ask for details.
Celebrate at the General Session and Graduation
- A highlight of the conference.
- "Homeschooling Simplified" by Pamela Roland.
- Slideshow of homeschoolers in action. (Share your photos)
- Presentations by graduates and their families. (Families with graduates who want to participate in the ceremony should fill in the blank on their registration form and also either email WPA at email@example.com or call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131.)
Graduating seniors will be recognized during Saturday's general session. Fill in the "Graduating seniors" blank on the registration form and then either email WPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131.
Children Are Welcome With Parents
Many families enjoy Connections, special events, and the affordable housing. Plan to attend Family Activity workshops with your children or have another responsible person accompany them. Or take them to adult workshops with you. Many parents bring snacks and quiet, losable toys. Please sit where you can easily leave if your children become noisy and return when they are settled. Some families bring a helper to play quietly with children while parents attend workshops. Because of space constraints, please do not bring strollers into workshops (including Family Activity workshops), the used book sale, and other such events. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.