Homeschooling Young Children
Remember that these lists are only suggestions. We strongly recommend that you review the entire list of workshops to find the ones that suit you best.
F-7 Parenting Homeschooled Kids
Why parenting is often more important than teaching academics. How to really listen and other skills that strengthen communication. Helping children in ways that are useful to them. The magic of “power games.” Encouraging harmony among siblings. Going back to basics when we feel overwhelmed.
B-5 Homeschooling 3, 4, and 5 Year Olds
Why and how children learn best through homeschooling. Helping children learn from daily life and carefully selected resources and activities. The importance of play. Meeting kids’ and parents’ social needs. Disadvantages to formal preschool. Risks of preschool screening and how you can avoid it.
C-1 Exploring Nature Together as a Family
Wondering how to get your kids and yourself more connected to nature? Here’s a great opportunity for both kids and parents to learn to use all your senses to explore objects from nature. Start your own nature journal that you can use to explore your own backyard or local park. Meet some creepy critters and learn about cool resources and citizen science projects for the whole family. Presenter is also an exhibitor.
More Workshops By Time Slot
- Friday, 7:15-8:30 PM: F Workshops
- Saturday, 8:30-9:30 AM: A Workshops
- Saturday, 9:50 AM-10:50 PM B Workshops
- Saturday, 1:30-2:30 PM: C Workshops
- Saturday, 2:50-3:50 PM: D Workshops
More Workshops By Category
To help you choose workshops, click on a category that interests you and look over the list. Remember that these lists are only suggestions. We strongly recommend that you review the entire list of workshops to find the ones that suit you best.
- Basic Subjects
- Encouraging Learning
- Choosing Curriculum and Resources
- Ways to Homeschool
- Beginning Homeschooling
- Workshops for Parents and Kids
- Life Skills and Problem Solving
- Homeschooling Young Children
- For Teens and Parents of Teens
- Special Interests and Passions
- Support for Parents
- Of Particular Interest to Mothers
- Of Special Interest to Dads
- Family Activity Workshops
- Legal and Homeschooling Freedoms