- REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Complete menus for meals ordered with registration (PDF) — Orders must be postmarked by April 18, 2016
Registration Fees and Deadlines
The registration fee covers workshops and special events for parents, young people and grandparents from one family.
Registration before April 4, 2016 – $85 (members), $110 (non-members).
Deadline for registration with meals is April 18, 2016.
Registration after April 4 – $110 (members), $130 (non-members).
Registration closes April 25, 2016.
At the Conference
- Begin either Friday or Saturday at Gruenhagen Conference Center, 208 Osceola St., Oshkosh, WI 54901. If you arrive at the University before 4:30 pm Friday, park in lot 10 or 30 or Level I of the parking ramp. Parking is free after 4:30 pm on Friday (through Sunday) in all University parking lots.
- Campus Map
- Adults must have name tags to get into the Resource Fair and the Used Book Sale.
- The conference will again be held in several different buildings, so some people will have a 2-3 block walk.
- Conference participants may be photographed or videotaped by one or two photographers authorized by WPA. Photos and videos will be used to add interest to WPA’s newsletters, website, conference announcement, etc.
- Unauthorized individuals may not videotape or use phones to record the conference.
- Emergency number to leave with those at home: (920) 424-1106.
- Speakers present their own views, not necessarily WPA’s.
Receive Discounts on WPA Handbooks
$25 for members, $32 for non-members. When you register, order for yourself, friends, your library, and others. Pick up at the conference. This year we also have a limited number of canvas tote bags available for $15 each. A sturdy bag makes it easy to carry handbooks!
Visit the Resource Fair
Exciting new resources for all homeschoolers, however you approach homeschooling: curriculums, textbooks, workbooks, games, nature study, history, supplies, and much more.
Registered conference attendees with a name tag can attend the Resource Fair at no extra charge both Friday evening and all day Saturday.
WPA does not endorse specific curriculums or learning materials.
“Please Touch” Curriculum Resources.
- Find out what some of those materials you’ve heard or read about are really like. Examine textbooks and other materials belonging to homeschooling families who have brought them for display.
- Materials from TOPS Science, CPO Science, Apologia Science, NOEO Science, Lightning Literature, Windows to the World, Handwriting Without Tears, Saxon Math, Singapore Math, Beast Academy Math, Art of Problem Solving Math, Math U See, several high-school science and math texts, Story of the World, Latin, Greek, and Spanish materials, and many, many more.
- Then order your own materials after the conference through the internet, stores in your area, etc.
Celebrate at the Opening Ceremonies and Graduation
- A highlight of the conference.
- Friday evening at 7:00 pm in the UWO Alumni Center
- Slideshow of homeschoolers in action. (email up to 3 pictures to OpeningCeremonies@homeschooling-wpa.org by April 1, 2106)
- Presentations by graduates and their families.
Graduating seniors will be recognized during Friday evening’s Opening Ceremonies. Families with graduates who want to participate in the ceremony should contact Jenny Landowski at OpeningCeremonies@homeschooling-wpa.org or call the WPA voice mail at 608-283-3131 by April 15, 2016.
Children Are Welcome With Parents
Many families enjoy Connections, special events, and the affordable housing. Plan to attend Family Activity workshops with your children or have another responsible person accompany them. Or take them to adult workshops with you. Many parents bring snacks and quiet, losable toys. Please sit where you can easily leave if your children become noisy and return when they are settled. Some families bring a helper to play quietly with children while parents attend workshops. Because of space constraints, please do not bring strollers into workshops (including Family Activity workshops), the used book sale, and other such events. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.