Saturday, June 22, 2019 ~ 9:30 am – 5 pm
Jensen Community Center
Registration for the 2019 Member Event is now open! Keep reading for all the details. Registration deadline is May 22, 2019.
Members of WPA are invited to join us for a day-long, family-friendly event designed for learning, celebrating, and connecting with homeschool families from across Wisconsin and with WPA leadership. Our Member Event will include our annual membership meeting, a graduate recognition, information about what’s new with WPA, fun activities for families, and opportunities to learn how to work together to keep homeschooling strong in Wisconsin.
You can even join WPA or renew your membership as part of the registration process! Keep reading for all the details.
|9:30 – 10:15 am||Check-In|
|10:15 – 10:30 am||Opening Remarks|
|10:30 – 11:30 am||Keynote Speaker and Graduate Recognition|
|11:45 am – 12:30 pm||Breakout Session 1|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch, Graduation Cake, Social Time|
|1:45 – 2:30 pm||Member Meeting|
|2:45 – 3:30 pm||Breakout Session 2|
|3:45 – 4:30 pm||Breakout Session 3|
|4:45 – 5 pm||Wrap-Up and Thank You!|
- Childcare will not be provided. Children must be supervised at all times.
- A Family Activity Room will be available with child-friendly activities.
- The central lounge will have a WPA information table and seating for social time.
- There is outdoor space (weather permitting) with a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, and plenty of green space – bring your fun!
- A “Quiet Room” will also be available for those who need it.
- The 2019 WPA Member Event event is open to current WPA members and their families only. Your family, for purposes of this event, includes all members of your immediate family who are living in your household.
Working Together: The history and future of WPA and how you can get involved, the role and responsibilities of support groups, and contacting your legislators.
Nuts and Bolts: How to homeschool legally in Wisconsin, frequently asked questions, current homeschooling issues.
Homeschooling High School: A panel discussion with homeschooling parents and teens about high school, transcripts, scholarships, and more.
An optional Subway Boxed Lunch (including 6-inch sub on 9-grain wheat bread, chips, and a cookie) is available for $8/person.
- Veggie Delite® – 2 servings of crisp vegetables including lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers.
- Subway Club® – Turkey Breast, Roast Beef, Black Forest Ham, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers.
- Turkey- Turkey Breast, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers.
- Mayonnaise and mustard will be available on the side.
You are welcome to bring your own “brown bag” or picnic style lunch if you prefer. Due to time constraints and the limited number of restaurants in the area, we ask that you plan to stay onsite for the whole event. Beverages will be available for purchase throughout the day, and you are also welcome to bring your own.
Special Call for Volunteers!
In order to provide you, our members, with the best possible family-friendly event, we are looking for some volunteers to help. Our most urgent need is for one or more members to organize, with guidance from the Committee, the “Family Activity Room” where attendees can come together for some fun. Past activities have included things like the Recycled City, Paper Airplanes, and Minute-to-Win-It games. We welcome your ideas and your enthusiasm. Other volunteer opportunities at the Event include: Set-up, Clean-up, Registration, and Food Distribution. If you are interested in helping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away! Thank You!
WANTED: Your Photos!
One of the highlights of WPA events is the slideshow depicting all the ways we homeschool. Even if you are unable to join us (and especially if you can) please send a few pictures of what homeschooling looks like in your life. It is so inspiring to see all the amazing families we have here in Wisconsin.
Please send up to three photos to OpeningCeremonies@homeschooling-wpa.org by May 22nd.
Do you have a graduate in your family this year? Please join us at this year’s Member Event for WPA’s Graduate Recognition Celebration. If you can attend, please send your Graduate’s name to OpeningCeremonies@homeschooling-wpa.org by May 15th. Our Graduate Recognition Coordinator will be in touch with more information.
Two Ways to Register:
Registration is now open, and closes at midnight on May 22nd, 2019.