We invite all WPA members’ homeschooling children to design artwork that relates to our 2020 Conference theme, “Kindling the Flame” — inspired by the quote, “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel” — for a chance to be selected as inspiration for our official Conference logo!
The winning entry will serve as the blueprint for the 2020 Conference logo in spirit and quality. Our marketing team will include the winning Artist in the process of finalizing the press-friendly logo for use on our website, in our promotional materials, on social media, and everywhere the Conference is shared. All entries will be considered equally – Pollock-worthy fingerpaintings to Warhol-esque illustrations and everything in between.
Winning artwork will be selected by the WPA Board of Directors and Conference Committee, based on how well the piece “kindles the homeschooling flame.”
The winning Artist’s family will receive free registration to the 2020 Conference!
Contest details and rules – please read carefully:
- One entry per Artist.
- Contest is open to any Wisconsin homeschool student whose parent/guardian is a current member of Wisconsin Parents Association, and for whom the PI-1206 form has been filed for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Artwork must be an original piece created specifically for this contest.
- Artwork must not contain any copyrighted images.
- Submissions should be an original digital file, or a photograph or scan of physical artwork.
- Minimum resolution of 200+dpi at a size of 6″x 6″ (1200×1200) or larger is encouraged.
- Accepted file types are jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, tif, psd, or pdf ONLY.
- Credit will be included where appropriate, at the discretion of Wisconsin Parents Association, using the Artist’s name, age, and city exactly as supplied on the submission form.
- Artwork becomes the property of Wisconsin Parents Association upon submission.
- Submissions will be accepted starting Friday, October 4, 2019 through midnight, Friday, October 25, 2019.
- The winning Artist’s parent will be contacted by email at the end of October.
The winning Artist and artwork will be revealed on November 1, 2019 on the WPA website, by email, and on Facebook!
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.