This homeschooling conference is unusual because all of our presenters are members of Wisconsin Parents Association. Many of our presenters are Regional Contacts or Board Members. This conference is truly by homeschoolers, for homeschoolers. So how can you get the most out of this conference?
Workshops are presented by people passionate about their subject. The presenters will offer information or opinions that you can then take away and apply in your homeschool. Some workshops will include a Q&A period or be in discussion format. Take home what you like and leave what you don’t. Detailed discussion about individual situations are best handled on a one-on-one basis during the ample social time, including the Friday Table Talks.
Addressing the particular challenges of your homeschool is part of your responsibility as a homeschool administrator. This conference is designed to present you with a variety of topics that will help you gather information, make connections, and be inspired.
Use this conference to make your homeschool work for your family, to connect with like-minded people, and to provide information and inspiration for this path that you have chosen.
- Plan your workshops with your family, how can you cover the most ground and meet everyone’s needs?
- Take notes.
- Talk to your neighbors. This is a place where you don’t have to explain your choice, take the time to make connections.
- Take time to socialize and play. Connections will be open all day on Saturday. Take time to introduce yourself to other families.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Many people come to the WPA conference with a problems/solutions mindset. Instead, find a workshop or activity that will help sustain your passion for the lifestyle you’ve chosen for your family.
Give us feedback – What can we do better for next time? Do you want to help? Email us at email@example.com This is an all volunteer effort.
Looking for more?
- Full Schedule
- Workshops and Registration
- Lodging and Meals
- Things you need to know
- Resource Fair
- Stuff to do